7.20.2007

Ray Hudson is, in fact, insanely awesome

Found this post recently and I agree, Ray Hudson can be an incredibly annoying announcer but he does bring a lot of passion and some of the most sublime, nearly unintelligible metaphors you will ever hear. Most of the time you're thinking, "Ray, what the f* are you talking about?" But then he'll bust out with the crazy and your brain does a "Wait, what? What did he just say? OMG, that is the bestest, most convoluted metaphor I've ever heard." Seriously, I've made Peter rewind the game just to hear some crazy thing Ray has said. Even when he was DC United's coach, the team may have played like shite but the quotes were awesome. Don't believe me, check out Ray Hudson Must Die (obviously someone who can't enjoy the absurd).

My favorite on that list:
Here you see him, trickier than a monkey up a monkey tree.
Hudson, 19:09 1st

Seriously, WTF? But I can't help laughing.

4 comments:

Hudsonland said...

The 'Must Die' part is supposed to be ironic, although it was my initial reaction to Mr Hudson's insane ramblings until I too learned to 'enjoy the absurd'. Or maybe I just lost my mind.

FreshSnaps said...

that's funny. Listening to Ray, we all lose our minds a little. Do you want me to change what I said? I meant no offense.

Kevin said...

Very Cool post Ray Hudson Must Die is an awesome website.

Anonymous said...

Great work.