2.11.2007

Some serious cop shit


So, I was dozing on the couch, sort of watching Lost, decide to go to bed. Walk back to the kitchen, open the back door to take out some recycling, hear a cop car in the distance, coming my way, lean my head out the window to listen, realize he is coming down Mt. Vernon FAST. I can see the road from my patio window, see the cop car blow by, must have been doing 50 at a minimum, maybe more. Then the siren goes off and I hear a little screeching of tires as he stops. Then I hear some increasingly loud voices, can't make anything out until "GET DOWN ON THE GROUND! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!" At that point I run back to the living room grab my phone slap on some shoes and bolt out the door. You can't really tell from the picture but there are 7 or 8 cop cars in front of the school, but the action was pretty much over already. I couldn't really see what was going on and didn't want to go closer, too many cops on edge. But I could see them leading some guy in cuffs away. Wonder what happened.

1 comment:

John M. Adams said...

About 10:30 or 11 I heard something similar here, a cop peeled out and turned on the lights and siren, hauling ass your way, but I live in a different jurisdiction...