8.28.2007

Have to admit, I'm pretty freaked out about this.

Peter and I were watching the Sevilla-Getafe game when Antonio Puerte fell to his knees, his teammates rushed to his side and reached into his mouth to prevent him from swallowing his tongue. Eventually he got up and walked off the field to the locker room. But apparently he collapsed again in the locker room and was rushed to the hospital. He died Tuesday. It freaked Peter and I out so much that we stopped watching the game. And it's still freaking me out now. I've never seen someone die. And while I know that that streak will eventually have to end I'm unhappy and scared of when it will. And someday it will be me. Bummer.

Sorry for the downer, on a somewhat lighter note, after Puerte collapsed and left the field Peter and I looked over at each other and I know we had the same thought. We were both suddenly very afraid of our own tongues.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

This is nuts!