11.29.2007

The Washington Post: continuing to own the Partisan Hacks label

Over Thanksgiving I had a lively debate with Katie (actually she pretty much kicked my ass) about the merits of Barak Obama. So I came home and tried to do a little more research to back up my claims that he is basically a more cuddly version of Hillary. And I quickly found examples of Barak making Republican lite/triangulation statements. But I am quite sure that I, Hater of Corporate Media, Caller of Bullshit, has been at least partially duped. The latest evidence is from the craptastic Washington Post. Their front page story is a discussion of the completely idiotic and debunked rumors of Barak's Islamic connection. Not about amazingly pathetic and scary GOP debate last night or the newest allegations of Ghouliani corruption (I need to find another source here, linking to The Politico, ugh. Oh, wait, here we go, much better). It's just mind boggling how inept and craven the media is, as Phoenix Woman at Firedoglake says (paraphrasing), screw "balanced" how about just reporting.

[Update] Yes, this is the point. Not that Obama denies the lies of "Obama is a Muslim" but that the WaPo continues to bring it up AND doesn't admit that they are lies. Wankers.

Some more on just how awful our media is.

No comments: