5.31.2007

Tick bite!



Actually this is the "bullseye" rash from the tick bite that sent me to the emergency room. Apparently, getting a rash like this from a tick bite and a raging headache, fever and joint pains means things are not going to just work themselves out. There were a couple of firsts that were a result of this.
1) First time I've been in a hospital as a patient (not counting being born; ironically, I went to the hospital in which I was born).
2) First time I've ever had an IV.
Woohoo!

So, they didn't tell me exactly what I have yet but the drug they gave me, Doxycycline is used to treat sinusitis, syphilis, chlamydia, acne, anthrax, malaria, Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever (which I think I've had before), and my personal favorite, elephantitis.

2 comments:

CandyBuffet said...

Holy Shitskees! Where the hell were you, and were you bitten by a tick from OUTER SPACE??

Alethea Kairos said...

Looks like Lyme disease to me. Gimme a holler and we can chat about how fun it is.