7.07.2009

Reload

FreshSnaps has been neglected. In 2007 I posted 280 times, in 2008 110 times and so far in 2009 just 38 times which would put me at a grand total of 74 posts. Pathetic. So, what to do? Earlier this year, or maybe it was last year, I was talking with a friend of mine about FreshSnaps and she asked me what this blog was about, what was its focus. I didn't have an answer because, really, I have always seen it mostly as a vehicle for whatever thing/subject caught my fancy or got me riled up or on which I felt I had some insight. All well and good but I feel that I have too many audiences (in my head, realistically, I think my total returning viewership is somewhere around 10). And sometimes I don't post something because I worry it might offend or bore one of my audiences.

My solution? MORE BLOGS!

Shutter Wide Open - All things photography and especially my photos (no posts yet)
The Rising Fifth Estate - Politics, policy and the media (no posts yet)
Del Ray, Virginia - Local stuff (no posts yet)
Bulging Onion Bag - All things soccer, emphasizing DC United (the class of MLS) and USMNT with occasional forays into Caps hockey. (no posts yet)
The Jester's Knives - the "book" I've abandoned, time to revive it.
Flat Black Ops - a tongue in cheek clearinghouse of conspiracy theories. This is a collaboration with my friend Adam which I abandoned. Shame.
Hakuchis! Let's Go - Peru and things mystical/spiritual with an emphasis on the Andean worldview.
I, for one, welcome our robot overlords - Technology, science, science fiction (no posts yet)
Given That Our Blood Is Just Like The Atlantic - Biology, evolution, environmental science (no posts yet)

And finally, FreshSnaps - the emphasis here will change a little bit, this will become a gateway for the other sites, I'll post links to things I have put up on the other blogs. It will also be a place for quick, observational posts and links to other things that don't need much explanation (think I Can Has Cheezburger)

Pretty ambitious, I know, but I think I can make it work, especially if I start soliciting contributions. And, really, there are a bunch of interesting things I've left out: language and literature, music, art, gardening, biking, travel, pop culture. But those will have to wait for now.

Oh, and why this newfound dedication... Mom, of course. We had a little email exchange this morning that got me fired up to get back into this. Maybe tomorrow I'll post that conversation, I think I had some good insights there.

2 comments:

Alethea Kairos said...

Fantastic! I can't wait to see what happens. More chances for me to post pithy comments. ;)

CandyBuffet said...

Are those blogs or labels? Welcome back! missed you!